Skip to content Skip to navigation
See our Campus Ready site for most up to date information about the fall semester.Campus ReadyCOVID Help

Separations - Voluntary



To request assistance in the voluntary separation or interdepartmental transfer of a staff employee. For student employee separations, open a Student Employee Separation Request.  For academic appointments, contact Academic Personnel.

Customer's Responsibility

Submit ServiceNow ticket as soon as employee provides written notice of resignation.  Supervisor acknowledges and accepts resignation in writing and uploads into ServiceNow.  Have employee complete timesheet through separation date.  Supervisor is responsible for collecting equipment, cards, keys, etc.

ACT's Responsibility

ACT will help prepare paperwork and assist with off-boarding employee. ACT will submit paperwork to Human Resources Payroll Center (HRPC) for processing.

Target Processing Time

By employee's separation date.

Next Steps in the Process

HRPC will process the separation and submit to UCPath Center.


Most final paychecks will be received via direct deposit on the next regularly scheduled pay period.

Processing times are directed towards ACT's efforts only and do not include time waiting for approvals, waiting for additional information from customers/vendors, central offices processing time, and UCLA processing times.