Skip to content Skip to navigation
See our Campus Ready site for most up to date information about the fall semester.Campus ReadyCOVID Help

Student Employee Separations



To request assistance in the voluntary or involuntary separation of a student employee.

Customer's Responsibility

Submit ServiceNow ticket as soon as student employee provides verbal or written notice of resignation or when it is determined that an involuntary separation is necessary. For voluntary separations, provide reason for separation and have student employee complete timesheet through separation date. For involuntary separations, provide reason for involuntary termination, advise the student employee of their last day and complete the timesheet on behalf of the student employee.

ACT's Responsibility

ACT will help prepare Personnel Action Form (PAF) and obtain necessary approvals. ACT will submit paperwork to Human Resources Payroll Center (HRPC) for processing.

Target Processing Time

By employee's separation date.

Next Steps in the Process

HRPC will process separation and submit to UCPath Center.


Students who are voluntarily or involuntarily separated will receive their pay via EFT or hard check on the bi-weekly pay cycle.

Processing times are directed towards ACT's efforts only and do not include time waiting for approvals, waiting for additional information from customers/vendors, central offices processing times, and UCLA processing times.